Voxer is a cross-platform app that can turn your Android smartphone into a walkie-talkie.
There are a lot of mobile apps that let you communicate with other people. With the ability to voice chat, make audio recordings and text chat over Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G and more, Voxer is a great addition to this group.
You can log into Voxer by either creating an account based on your email address or by connecting to Facebook. If you go the Facebook route, Voxer will immediately let you know which of your Facebook friends who have iPhone and Android smartphones are already Voxer users.
From there, all you have to do is click on the name of a Voxer user you want to talk to. You can opt to send them a text message or else record audio for them. If they're using Voxer at the same time as you, they'll get the message immediately and you'll be able to chat back and forth with them using the Push to Talk feature just like a walkie-talkie. If they're offline, you can record an audio message that they'll receive once they log in next. In addition to one-on-one chatting, you can also do a group chat with Voxer.
Voxer's sound quality is adequate, although slightly tinny. This largely depends on the connection everyone involved has. If you want to practice before talking to someone in real-time, click on the "Team Voxer" friend. You can test run audio recordings and text conversations before jumping into talking with actual contacts.
Voxer is a great all-in-one text, voice chat and audio recording app.
- Everyone has their own username. Tell your friends - usernames make finding your friends easy. Voxer Pro users can go to their profile and pick their own username.
- Halloween theme
- Check out the new ‘Spooky Hallow’ theme.
- Rich Notifications
- Voxer Pro users can now listen and respond to their messages right from a notification.
- Larger group chats
- Group chats can now be up to 500 people for Voxer Pro users.
- Share messages
- Voxer Pro users can share their messages through email or SMS.